Breville Juicer Recipes Fiber Favorites are from Breville BJE200XL Compact Juice Fountain 700-Watt Juice Extractor user manual.
Rather than waste the fiber from the fruits and vegetables that have been juiced, the following recipes have been developed using the left over pulp.
Carrot, pumpkin and feta flan (makes 6 serves)
- 8 sheets filo pastry
- 2oz (60g) butter, melted
- 1 leek finely sliced
- 1 cup pumpkin pulp
- 1 cup carrot pulp
- 8oz (250g) feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons orange rind
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Layer the sheets of pastry, brushing between each sheet with butter. Lift pastry into a 10 inch (25cm) flan tin, press over base and side. Trim pastry edge to about .5in higher than side of tin.
- Combine leek, pumpkin, carrot, feta cheese, eggs, egg white, milk, orange rind and parsley. Pour into pastry case and bake at 360°F (180°C) for 25-30 minutes or until golden and set.
Vegetable and bacon soup (makes 4 serves)
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 ham bone
- 12oz (350g) beet pulp, strained and juice reserved
- 2oz (60g) potato pulp, strained and juice reserved
- 2oz (60g) carrot pulp, strained and juice reserved
- 4oz (120g) tomato pulp, strained and juice reserved
- 2oz (60g) cabbage pulp, strained and juice reserved
- reserved juices and enough water to make up 2 liters
- 4 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Melt butter in a large saucepan, cook onion over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Add ham bone to pan, stir in beetroot pulp, potato pulp, carrot pulp, tomato pulp, cabbage pulp, reserved juices and water, bacon and lemon juice. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove ham bone, discard bone, finely chop meat and return to the pan. Serve topped with sour cream.
Carrot, apple and celery strudels (makes 8 serves)
- 1oz (30g) butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 1/2 cups carrot, apple and celery pulp, strained (see juicer recipe on Breville Juicer Recipes – Fresh Starts – “Apple, carrot and celery Juice”)
- 8oz (250g) cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 egg, beaten
- 12 sheets filo pastry
- 2oz (60g) butter, melted extra
- 1 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in a saucepan, add onion, cook for 2-3 minutes, or until soft, seasoning to taste. Combine onion, carrot, apple and celery pulp, cottage cheese, mint and egg in a bowl. Mix well.
- Cut filo sheets in half, place 3 sheets on bench, cover remaining pastry with greaseproof paper, then a damp cloth to prevent drying. Brush 1 sheet of pastry with extra butter, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, top with another sheet of pastry, brush with butter, sprinkle with more cheese. Repeat with last sheet of pastry.
- Place tablespoons of carrot mixture on one end of pastry, fold in sides and roll up like a swiss roll. Repeat with remaining pastry and pulp mixture. Place on a greased oven tray and bake at 400°F (200°C) for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
Parnship, herb and polenta hot cakes (makes 6 serves)
- 2 cups parsnip pulp, strained
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup polenta (corn meal)
- 1/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 small red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Combine parsnip pulp, milk, egg yolks, self-raising flour, polenta, thyme, rosemary, cajun seasoning and red capsicum in a large mixing bowl. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form, fold into parsnip mixture.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan, drop spoonfuls of mixture into pan. Cook for about 1 minute on each side or until golden. Serve immediately.
Berry and white chocolate mousse (makes 6 serves)
- 7oz (200g) white chocolate
- 7oz (200g) strawberry pulp
- 7oz (200g) raspberry pulp
- 3 teaspoons gelatine dissolved in 3 tablespoons hot water
- 3 egg yolks
- 10fl oz (300ml) carton thickened cream
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
Melt chocolate over hot water, cool, being careful not to let it set. Combine strawberry pulp and raspberry pulp, set aside. Combine chocolate, gelatin mixture and egg yolks, whisk until pale and glossy.
Beat cream until soft peaks form, fold through chocolate mixture with berry pulp and Grand Marnier. Pour into a wetted 5 cup capacity mould. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
Carrot cake (make 16 serves)
- 1 3/4 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1/2 cups carrot pulp
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Grease and line a 10″ x 6″ (25cm x 15cm) loaf pan. Mix flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl, add nutmeg, cinnamon, cardamom, peanuts, sultanas, brown sugar and carrot pulp, stir to combine. Add eggs, oil and sour cream. Beat with electric mixer, using medium speed until all ingredients are well blended. Pour into loaf pan.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 1 hour or until cake is done when tested with a toothpick. Remove from oven, stand in cake pan for 5 minutes before removing onto a wire cake rack.
Family meat loaf (makes 6-8 serves)
- 1lb (500g) lean beef mince
- 1lb (500g) sausage mince
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot pulp, strained
- 1/2 cup potato pulp, strained
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 4 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Place beef, sausage mince, onions, carrot pulp, potato pulp, curry powder, cumin, parsley, egg, evaporate milk, stock and black pepper in a bowl, mix to combine. Press mixture into a lightly greased 4″ x 8″ (11cm x 21cm) loaf pan. Pour glaze over meatloaf, sprinkle with almonds and bake at 350°F (180°C), basting often with glaze, for 40 minutes.
- To make glaze, place stock, tomato sauce, coffee powder, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, sugar and butter in a saucepan and bring to the boil over a medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently, for 8-10 minutes or until glaze reduces and thickens slightly. Bon Apetit !