Aloe Vera Juice
Aloe Vera juice has been used to treat a lot of diseases, and this is what has led to its popularity. This wonder drug is sold in the form of nectar, gel or capsules.
The good news is that you do not need to spend your money on aloe vera pills. You can take the juice in its pure and natural form, fresh from the garden.
Fresh aloe juice is the most pure and natural way to benefit from this herbal weed. The advantage of fresh aloe juice is that it supplies you with all the nutrients contained in the herb.
Since it is in the form of liquid, it does not go through many stages before it is absorbed into your blood. Your body absorbs it instantly.
Another advantage of taking this juice is that you can blend it with other juices to improve its taste. You can also add sweeteners to make it friendly to your child.
Above all, you can plant your own aloe vera plants at your backyard and juice them whenever you want.
Nutritional Value of Aloe Vera Juice
Aloes are easy to juice since they are highly succulent. You can collect as much juice as you need by just breaking the leaf.
One leaf of aloe vera can give you a lot of juice because you cut only a small portion of the leaf for juicing and leave the rest to grow in the garden.
However, only the inner gel has medicinal properties and obtaining it may thus require a professional juicer.
Completely safe and versatile, aloe vera juice stems from the fact that it naturally contains many different nutrients:
- vitamins and minerals
- amino acids
- other trace elements.
Some of the nutrients contained in this juice include Phytochemicals and particularly saponins.
Minerals such as:
Vitamins such as Vitamin A, C, E, B 1, B 2, B 6 and B 12. Amino acids. Enzymes such as:
- alkaline phosphatase.
Water makes up 96 per cent of the plant.
Health Benefits of Aloe Vera Juice
Aloe Vera juice can be taken as a beverage to nourish your body cells, or used as a cosmetic to sooth your skin. Whether used internally or externally, you will be able to benefit from the herb.
Some of the benefits of aloe vera are highlighted below:
- boosts your immunity system.
- prevents the growth of cancerous cells especially colon cancer.
- reduces the level of cholesterol in your blood thus protecting you from preventable strokes and hypertension.
- It’s a natural remedy for inflammation.
- It strengthens joint muscles, which therefore reduces pain and inflammation in weakened or aged joints.
- helps with blood purification thus giving you optimum health.
- relieves the symptoms of arthritis.
- boosts the digestive process thus protecting you from gastrointestinal complications such as constipation.
- Drinking this juice naturally allows the body to cleanse the digestive system.
- It’s an effective remedy for stomach ulcers.
- It’s a natural alkalizing agent thus protects you from the effects of excessive acidity in food.
- Can be applied directly to external wounds because it has natural healing powers.
- It heals sunburns.
- It’s a natural cosmetic that can be used to treat skin problems (dandruff, psoriasis, dryness, acne, itch) because of its soothing effects and antibacterial capabilities.
- It can correct the negative effects of radiations on your skin and other types of skin damage.
- It’s a natural lubricant to the digestive tract.
- Aloe Vera juice relieves the symptoms of diabetes.
- It’s a natural moisturizer that can be applied directly on your skin to protect you against harsh weather conditions as well as keep your skin hydrated.
- Can be used to preserve perishable foods such as fruits and vegetables naturally.
Power of Aloe Vera
The power of aloe is mainly derived from the polysaccharides and amino acids it contains.
Polysaccharides can be broken easily, and so you need to be careful when blending with other juices.
Four ounces of this juice daily is enough to supply you with all the health benefits of this herb.
However, the RDA of this juice depends on various factors.
Children below 5 years should not exceed 3 tsp of this juice, while pregnant women are advised to limit their daily intake to 2 tsp.