About cucumber and cucumber juice
Cucumber juice is a versatile and healthy drink.
This is because cucumber contains high amounts of water and other considerable amounts of
- vitamin A
- vitamin C
- and other important nutrients.
If you want healthy skin, cucumber is your vegetable pick. It helps soften and soothe skin.
Cucumber contains 90% water, which attributes to its cooling effect, so next times you have puffy eyes, tired eyes or black circles reached for a chilled cucumber.
Watching your calorie intake? No problem! Cucumber is the perfect snack for the calorie conscious.
A lot of people use cucumber to improve the appearance of their hair, nails, and skin.
When used on a routine basis, it can help treat kidney stones and high blood pressure.
You can prepare it straight with only cucumbers needed or blend it with sweeteners for an extra flavor.
Benefits of cucumber juice
Cucumber juice can be very useful for a broad range of health issues. It is widely used for following purposes:
- Anti-aging solution
- It can be used to revive the skin and relieving the eyes. This is because it contains considerable amounts of potassium in it.
- Just like drinking the juice, eating cucumber can help reduce blemishes on the face.
- This explains why it is considered to be a great cure for acne.
- Its extract is quite powerful and has potential to fight cancer, blood pressure, and several other diseases.
Large amount of water
- Cucumber has a high percentage of water inside it.
- This makes it great for many uses.
- Also, it is low in calories and healthier than many snacks people eat.
- If you engage in heavy workouts, you should drink cucumber juice to avoid dehydration thanks to its electrolyte restoration qualities.
- Cucumber juice can also act as an effective pain reliever specifically for a sore throat.
- Drinking it throughout the day can help relieve soreness and offer ample comfort.
- Also, individuals that suffer from inflammation are likely to benefit from this juice because it decreases the amount of inflammation.
Hair growth, healthy muscles, rheumatoid problems
- As mentioned above, cucumber contains high amounts of silicone that can improve growth of hair and the health of nails.
- Moreover, silicon is responsible for healthy tendons, muscles, and ligaments.
- If you want relief from rheumatoid problems, you are advised to drink cucumber juice.
How to make cucumber juice
- When juicing cucumbers, choose ones that are medium to dark green and firm.
- Peel your cucumbers
- Before peeling, wash them thoroughly with water to eliminate pesticide residues and dirt.
- You should note that cucumber fruit is coated with protective wax.
- Although the coating can be eaten without problems, the wax has been found to distort the texture of juice.
- Use a sharp knife or a potato peeler to remove it.
- You should then slice off ends of the cucumbers with a knife. This is because the top and bottom are quite hard and inedible parts.
- Do not discard peel as it can be eaten since it is rich in fiber, phytochemicals, and minerals.
Chop your cucumbers into medium-sized chunks. They can be an inch in width, height, and length.
Small pieces can also work fine. However, avoid using very large sizes.
Place your cucumber pieces into a blender or food processor. Ensure you leave some adequate space between the rim of the blender and top cucumber pieces.
Avoid filling your blender to the top. Run the machine to blend cucumber chunks on high or medium speed for at least two minutes.
The mixture will be pulpy and not necessarily smooth.
Straining the juice
Ensure you have a strainer that is small enough to fit the mouth of the bowl. Thus, use a strainer with an adequate rim to rest comfortably on the brim of the bowl.
When you rest the strainer, you can free up your hands.
It is advisable to place cheesecloth inside your strainer. This offers you the ability to strain out more pulp.
If you do not have cheesecloth, you can use coffee filters. Carefully pour blended cucumbers through your strainers without making the puree to overflow.
Poor cucumber juice into the glasses and serve chilled.
It is advisable to store it in sealed container inside your fridge for about a week.
Fresh cucumbers from the market
Cucumbers are readily available in the markets all around the season. Ensure you purchase the fresh ones that have bright green color and stout in texture.
Also, look for cuts, spots, or breaks on the surface. Avoid purchasing yellow or mature colored cucumbers as they have tough skin and inedible seeds.
Moreover, avoid those that have wrinkled ends since that is a sign of out of flavor.
Instead, buy organically grown cucumbers as they have great nutrient content and rich in flavor.
In conclusion, cucumber juice is very easy to make from the comfort of your home and has lots of health and skin care benefits to offer.
It is also possible to sweeten the juice with sugar or other juices for a great taste.