Plum Juice, an important source of vitality
An important source of health and vitality, plum juice invites us every time with their flavor and color. Prevalent in autumn as fresh fruits or prunes in the rest of the year, plums are an ideal method of natural treatment for various diseases of the body.
Originating in Syria, plum fruits are found in many varieties and colors, all wearing the same curative properties. Spread in Europe since Roman times, plums attract attention by their color always unique, purple, managing every time to appear as a tonic food and energizing the entire body.
Varieties of plums
There are approximately 20 varieties of plums, most of which originated in China and then were introduced to Japan. Most varieties of plums come in a wide range of skin colors and commonly boast utterly juicy red or yellow flesh.
Plums can be divided into two major groups: Japanese plums and European Plums
- Black Ruby
- Black Beauty
- Black Splendor
- Moyer Plums
- Greengage Plums
- Mirabelle Plums
A prune is any of various plum, mostly European Plum, sold as fresh or dried fruit. The dried fruit is also referred to as a dried plum.
Immediately after being harvested, fresh plums are dried so that they can preserve nutritional content. Although they are sticky to the touch and have a chewy texture, dried prunes are naturally sweet.
Similar to peaches and cherries, plums are a rich source of vitamin A and vitamin C and various antioxidants. Vitamins (A, B1, B2, C) that goes into them, and many other essential elements such as calcium, iron, potassium and organic acids, make these fruits an important source of energy and vitality.
Plums, consumed regularly, help fortification nervous system, removes fatigue and stimulates digestion. It is recommended that plums are consumed as such in the morning, before meals.
Ideas and recommendations
When choosing and consuming plums, it is good to take into account the following ideas and recommendations:
- Plums should be fleshy, shiny, mushroom-free, relatively soft and with a white frost on them.
- The freshness period is extended by keeping it in the refrigerator, in airtight containers, where it lasts up to 6 months.
- Very dry plums soak in hot water for a few minutes.
- If they are baked, keep them in water or juice before and the baking time will be shorter.
- Mixture of dried fruits – cut the plums and mix with other dried fruits and nuts.
- When baking – the amount of fat is reduced, but a softer dough is obtained by replacing a quantity of fat with the same amount of plum puree.
- Roasted or soaked plums can be placed over pancakes or donuts.
- Fillings – add plums or plum jam to your favourite cakes or pies.
Health Benefits of Plum Juice
A recent study showed that people who eat at least 6 fresh or dried plums daily for 3 weeks have fewer medical problems with their bones, LDL cholesterol levels and the possibility of colon cancer.
Plums also have diuretic, nervous system stimulating, decongestant, hepatic, detoxifying and laxative properties. These fruits relieve inflammatory conditions of the liver and spleen.
Also, plums and fresh juice prepared from them contribute to lowering the acidity of gastric juice, which makes them a means of auxiliary treatment in gastritis, stomach and duodenal ulcers.
Plums significantly improve the condition of patients with atherosclerosis, gallbladder, hypertension and kidney. A glass of plum juice, half an hour before main meals, helps strengthen the immune system, increases the body’s resistance to infections and is an effective tonic for nervous system.
Plum juice, like whole fruit, in fact, is a natural laxative, which many people with digestive problems know and who often resort to this drink. As a natural laxative, plum juice helps to release toxins from the body, but also to eliminate excess fat.
What you need to know is that to lose weight you need to drink two glasses of plum juice daily.
Plum is also a fruit that has strong energizing qualities. This is due to the sugars it contains and which enhance the body’s energy capacity, intervening and stimulating the muscular and nervous system.
For those who put a lot of physical effort, it is especially recommended to use dried fruits, because they have an energy value five times higher than fresh ones.
Plum Juice steps
To make a delicious fresh plum juice, proceed as follows:
- choose fresh, well-ripened plums that are slightly soft.
- wash well with water, break into pieces and then release from the pips.
- put them in the juicer or blender and thus obtain the natural plum juice.