Think of juicers, and Jack Lalanne will be the first name in your mind. This company has manufactured several amazing juicers, and there is surely one for your needs. In this Jack LaLanne juicer review we shall discuss the Jack LaLanne JLSS Power Juicer Deluxe.
It is one of the best stainless steel electric juicers launched by the company.
A welcome addition to any healthy kitchen, this fruit and vegetable electric juicer produces fresh juice quickly and easily:
- simply place a glass or small pitcher under the spout
- insert whole apples, pears, cucumbers, or other produce into the extra-large round chute
- gently and slowly press down on the food pusher.
Salient Features of Jack Lalanne JLSS Power Juicer
- Stainless steel body
- Electric powered home appliance
- Extra big round shaped chute and food pusher
- Absolutely stainless steel blade
- Induction motor having speed up to 3600 RPM
- Noise less operation
- Patented extraction tech
- Huge pulp collector
- No drips due to great spout
- Absolutely safe to be washed in dishwasher
- Comes along a life long motor warranty
The unit’s patented extraction technology protects vital nutrients and living enzymes. Also delivers up to 30% more juice, as compared with other juicers. Pulp gets spun towards the back of the unit, collecting in an extra-large, detachable pulp catcher for easy disposal or composting, or, better yet, for flavoring cookies, soups, salsa, cakes, and more.
Jack LaLanne JLSS Power Juicer Deluxe has got amazing looks. Black and silver are the most fashionable colors these days. Latest gadgets such as the iPhone, large plasma screens and BlackBerry phones are usually black, and a touch of silver makes black even more attractive.
Steel has always been attractive, and similar is the case with this juicers stainless steel body.
Its strong built and attractive looks are enough to make it a best seller, but it has been powered with the best components from the inside, thus making it a true champ. The elegant design of this juicer shall add to the charm of your kitchen.
Interior designers are using black and silver, or black and white combinations for kitchens, and this juicer shall look great in your kitchen.
Jack Lalanne JLSS Power Juicer can be a great addition to any kitchen be cause it has the ability to take out juice from both vegetables and fruits, quickly and easily. Its working mechanism is pretty simple and anyone can operate it.
User needs to place a glass underneath the spout, and insert apple, cucumbers, or pears into the full sized round chute, and give a slight push to the vegetable or fruit pieces for extraction of juice.
The spout doesn’t drip unlike most other juicers and even a slim glass placed under for juice collected will work fine. The 3600 RPM induction motor is really strong and takes out juice in a few seconds.
The blade is really sharp and cuts down large pieces of fruit or vegetables into small bits, and the small pieces are then juiced.
The juice made by using this product is far better than the ready made juices available in the market, as they often contain dangerous preservatives and artificial sweeteners.
The special extraction technology of this juicer protects all vital nutrients and enzymes, and it also provides up to 30% more juices as compared to other appliances. All the pulp is thrown backwards into a large, removable pulp catches that makes disposal very easy.
The pulp may also be used to flavor cookies, salsa, baked items and sauces. The power juicer has got all features one can ever desire in a juicer.
Most Jack LaLanne Juicer reviews found online sound positive. 63% customers rated it above 3stars, while the overall rating is 3.8/5 stars.
Just like other juicers this one also has some cons:
- It is difficult to juice super ripe fruits, as they are too soft and there are chances of leakage.
- The drain hole is reported to be too small by some users.
- Users complaint of not being able to make more than 2 or 3 glasses consecutively without blocking the hole, and it needs regular cleaning.
What produce seems to do well
- Apples do very well. Lots of juice and the pulp is pretty dry.
- Carrots: Same as apples.
- Celery: Pretty good job here too. Careful though, celery has a pretty strong taste; it’ll overpower a lot of other flavors.
- Oranges: Pretty good. I’ve noticed that it doesn’t seem to get as much juice out of these as it could, the pulp can be pretty wet sometimes.
- Kiwis: Not so good. The kiwis are very pulpy and tend to block the undersized drain hole from the catch basin. They taste good though…
- Pineapple: Lots of juice, not as much as you might think though. Due to the very fibrous nature of pineapple I found I had to stop the juicer after half a pineapple and clean the screen. The fibers were getting caught in it, unbalancing and blocking it. It tends to gum up the cutting blade as well.
- Mango: Same as kiwis. Tastes good, but the pulp gums up the works.
- Tomatoes: Great! Lots of juice, and with the re-addition of some of the pulp makes a great tomato soup. Again, due to the soft pulpy nature of tomatoes, it tends to plug things up.
- Pears: If you pick the firmer varieties, they go through just like apples.
- Ginger root: We’d had a glass of ginger/orange juice somewhere and wanted to re-create it, it was pretty good. Ginger doesn’t have a high water content so you need to run it through first and then the wetter produce behind it to pull the ginger flavor out with it. Pretty strong flavor, don’t need as much as you think.
The pros of Jack Lalanne JLSS Power Juicer are a lot more than its cons, and it is a recommended product for anyone who loves fresh juice, but lacks a big budget.
- Stainless-steel electric juicer produces fresh juice quickly and easily
- Extra-large round chute and food pusher; stainless-steel blade
- Whisper-quiet 3,600 RPM induction motor; patented extraction technology
- Large-capacity pulp collector; non-drip spout; dishwasher-safe parts for quick cleanup
- Measures 16 by 12 by 15-1/2 inches; limited lifetime motor warranty
- Product Dimensions: 12 x 18 x 17 inches ; 15 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 15 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- Shipping Advisory: This item must be shipped separately from other items in your order. Additional shipping charges will not apply.
- Item model number: JLSS
- Average Customer Review: 3.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews